Academic Scholarships are available for students entering Year 10 and Year 11 for the following year.
Application for an Academic Scholarship is available for students who:
- Are current Year 9 or Year 10 students who sit the ACER exam
- Are currently attending Peace Lutheran College, OR
- Are from another school and have a desire to join the Peace Lutheran College community
- Are Australian citizens or hold a Permanent Residency Visa
The Academic Scholarships are partial scholarships, covering 50% of tuition fees. For students entering Year 10, the scholarship is for three years - Year 10, 11 and 12. For students entering Year 11, the scholarship is for two years - Year 11 and 12.
The Academic Scholarships are subject to the student's continued high level of academic achievement and exemplary conduct and behaviour. Scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and scholarship recipients who maintain their level of excellence will have their scholarship (covering 50% of tuition fees) continued into the following school year.
Scholarships are awarded on academic merit and determined through examinations and an interview with the Principal.
Academic Scholarship Exams
Registration for an ACER Scholarship (Academic) for entry into Peace Lutheran College for 2021 is now open. Registration closes on 13th May 2020.
Timeline and process
Registrations close: Wednesday, 13th May 2020
ACER Scholarship Exam: Date: Saturday, 23rd May 2020 Arrival time: 08:45 am Exam commences: 09:00 am Location: Peace Lutheran College, 50 - 60 Cowley Street, Kamerunga
Interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview with the Principal in the week commencing 15th June 2020.
Offer of Scholarship: Successful applicants will be provided with a Scholarship Offer in writing in the week commencing 13th July 2020.
Applying for an Academic Scholarship
Documents to be submitted with your scholarship application
- Birth Certificate or Passport and Permanent Resident Visa if applicable
- School reports - last two years reports
- Any other supporting documentation, e.g. awards, certificates, achievements
- Reference letter from current Teacher or Principal
- Personal statement by the student applicant
Register your child for the ACER Scholarship exam if your child will enter Year 10 or Year 11 in 2021.
For more information:
- Contact the ACER Scholarships Office Parent Helpline: 1300 768 952
- A Parents' Guide to Scholarship Testing