Boarding Scholarships are available for students entering Years 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 for the following year.
Application for a Boarding Scholarship is available for students who:
- Are current Year 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 students who sit the ACER exam
- Are Australian citizens or hold a Permanent Residency Visa
- Require either weekly or full-time boarding
The Boarding Scholarships are partial scholarships, covering 50% of boarding fees only. Noted below are an estimation of the boarding fees for 2021. This boarding fee example includes the 50% Scholarship.
- Full-time Boarding: $10,000 ($215 per week paid over 46 weeks)
- Weekly Boarding $8,000 ($174 per week paid over 46 weeks)
Tuition fees are payable in addition to boarding fees. Please click this link to view our current Tuition and Boarding Fees Schedule. Please note, weekly boarding fees are not listed on this current fees schedule.
The Boarding Scholarships are subject to the student's continued high level of academic achievement and exemplary conduct and behaviour. Scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and scholarship recipients who maintain their level of excellence will have their scholarship (covering 50% of boarding fees) continued into the following school year.
Scholarships are awarded on academic merit and determined through examinations and an interview with the Principal.
Boarding Scholarship Exams
Registration for an ACER Scholarship (Boarding) for entry into Peace Lutheran College for 2021 is now open. Registration closes on 13th May 2020.
Timeline and process
Registrations close: Wednesday, 13th May 2020
ACER Scholarship Exam: Date: Saturday, 23rd May 2020 Arrival time: 08:45 am Exam commences: 09:00 am Location: Peace Lutheran College, 50 - 60 Cowley Street, Kamerunga
Interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview with the Principal in the week commencing 15th June 2020.
Offer of Scholarship: Successful applicants will be provided with a Scholarship Offer in writing in the week commencing 13th July 2020.
Applying for a Boarding Scholarship
Documents to be submitted with your scholarship application
- Birth Certificate or Passport and Permanent Resident Visa if applicable
- School reports - last two years reports
- Any other supporting documentation, e.g. awards, certificates, achievements
- Reference letter from current Teacher or Principal
- Personal statement by the student applicant
Register your child for the ACER Scholarship exam if your child will enter Year 7, 8, 9 or 10 in 2021.
For more information:
- Contact the ACER Scholarships Office Parent Helpline: 1300 768 952
- A Parents' Guide to Scholarship Testing