Virtual Prep Open Day LIVE
Join us on Saturday 9th May 2020 from 9 am to 10 am and dive into the world of Prep at Peace.
We know families need to make a decision on schooling for their child starting Prep and we recognise the difficulty you face with the current COVID-19 restrictions in place.
We understand the importance for families to be able to still connect with schools during this time; have an opportunity to have your questions answered; and make an informed choice for your child's future.
We invite you to join us for our Virtual Prep Open Day experience. This event is for families with children enrolling into Prep in 2021 and beyond.
Register for our online Prep In Depth Open Day where you will visit our Prep classrooms and meet our staff.
Why should you attend?
- Choosing a partnership for your family.
Our Principal, Elisabeth Fenske will introduce you to Peace Lutheran College, our school's history and its culture, highlighting our core values. This information will provide you with information to help you identify shared ideals and how we might support the hopes that you have for your child's education.
- What is special about Prep at Peace?
Head of Junior School, Sarah Rowan will provide specific information on teaching and learning in the Prep year, through the junior school years. See how we create investigators of the future. Discover the quality of education families have come to expect from our school.
- Learning in Prep. Keeping it fun!
Through discussion and visual examples, our Prep teachers will explain how students are encouraged to explore the endless possibilities of their learning potential through relevant and fun activities. We will introduce you to the exciting world that awaits your child.
- Well-being, care and nurture.
The principle of caring for and respecting each other is supported by our junior school social, emotional and resilience program, 'Program Achieve - You Can do It'. Our Head of Junior School will explain the five foundational skills that empower our students with the ability to contribute to their own happiness.
- A very important transition.
A solid and positive start to school is essential. Our families are reassured by our well planned, welcoming orientation program that helps their child feel safe, allows them to become familiar with their new environment and provides for a gradual introduction to their new world. Our Head of Junior School will talk about this vitally important first step into big school.
They only start Prep once. Find out why families choose Peace for their child's education and well-being.
Learn about the Peace Prep Program and have all your questions answered at this live virtual open day. Meet the Principal, Elisabeth Fenkse; Head of Junior School, Sarah Rowan, Prep Teachers Sheryl Rosendale, Sandra Bull and Keith Davis.
A child who is surrounded by nurture, respected for their individual learning and made to feel important, known and valued will have solid foundations for future success.
It is this respect and individual attention that sets Peace Lutheran College apart. We are a school with a big focus on making sure everybody is somebody special.
What is special about Prep at Peace?
- Two classes with a maximum of 25 students per class
- A Teacher and a Teacher Assistant in each class
- Specialist lessons in The Arts, Japanese, Health & Physical Education
- Access to the College's high school facilities - Science laboratories, Hospitality Centre, Technology & Design, Performing Arts Centre
Why do parents choose Peace Lutheran College?
- Inclusive, caring culture where every child is made to feel valued
- Personal school environment where students feel safe and comfortable
- Teachers and staff are approachable and friendly
- Modern resources and facilities
- The benefits of being a Prep - Year 12 school
- All-inclusive school fees for peace of mind - NO extra levies or excursion and extra-curricular costs - less than $22 per day, based on a 39 week school year
At Peace we focus on teaching the whole child, complementing academics through the development of each child's spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs.
Interviews have commenced for Prep placement in 2021. Enrolment applications are still being accepted, subject to placement availability.
With a maximum of only 50 places, we encourage you to apply now to avoid disappointment.
Not sure what year your child will be eligible to start Prep? The Entry Year Calculator below will calculate your child's eligible commencement year for Prep.