Year 7 Information Evening
Why should you attend?
- Choosing a partnership for your family
Our Principal, Elisabeth Fenske will introduce you to Peace Lutheran College, our school's history and its culture, highlighting our core values. This information will provide you with information to help you identify shared ideals and how we might support the hopes that you have for your child's high school education.
- What is special about Year 7 and Middle School at Peace?
Our Head of Middle School, Kirsten Anderson along with Middle School staff will provide specific information on teaching and learning in Middle School to help you discover the quality of education families have come to expect from our school. Our stimulating, practical academics program is tailored to make learning experiences relevant, challenging and interesting, designed for optimum engagement.
- Learning beyond the classroom
Learn about our many extra-curricular activities and experiences that build on classroom learning. From camps, excursions, cultural experiences, clubs and community service opportunities, discover how we strive to develop the whole person, taking into account your child's academic, social, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Transitioning from childhood to young adulthood
How this age group learns and manages emotional, social and moral challenges is a key focus at Peace. Discover why building character, establishing trust and creating resilience are vital traits we encourage and nurture as we support our students through challenges and teach them how to make responsible choices.
- Your child's well-being is our priority
Learn why pastoral care is a big point of difference at Peace. With our on-site Health & Wellbeing Centre and experienced pastoral care team, the College is well equipped to care for and support our students.
- Meet our team
Be introduced to our key staff. They are a team of qualified, experienced and passionate individuals who strive every day to work in cooperation with our students to encourage, guide, direct and support them through some of the most challenging and important years in their education journey.
The way students learn has changed
Peace Lutheran College's Year 7 education model is a progressive approach to learning; adopting modern-day education transformations.
- Connecting classroom learning to real life, better preparing students for their future after school.
- Flexibile, stimulating learning spaces engaging students to ask questions, think critically and problem solve.
- Flexible learning environments with some classrooms incorporating booth seating, stand-up tables, whiteboard table tops and interactive resources.
Student learning at Peace is designed for optimum engagement
- Stimulating, practical academics program tailored to make learning experiences relevant, challenging and interesting.
- Structure and boundaries provide a safe environment.
- Numeracy and Literacy work is designed specifically with their abilities in mind.
- The school provides smaller learning communities for individual attention.
Why do parents choose Peace Lutheran College?
- Reputation for being at the forefront of innovative education
- An inclusive, caring culture where every student is known by name
- Teachers and staff are friendly and approachable
- Comprehensive extra-curricular offering, including sports and The Arts
- All-inclusive school fees for peace of mind - NO extra levies or excursion and extra-curricular costs
2022 Year 7 and 8 Scholarships
Scholarship Applications are now open for students entering Year 7 and Year 8 in 2022. Applications close on the 25th of June 2021. We invite you to consider this opportunity should it be of interest to you, or someone you know.