Year 7 Virtual Information Evening LIVE
Join us on Tuesday 26th May 2020 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm and discover the world of Year 7 at Peace Lutheran College.
We know families need to make a decision on schooling for their child starting Year 7 and we recognise the difficulty you face with the current COVID-19 restrictions in place.
We understand the importance for families to be able to still connect with schools during this time; have an opportunity to have your questions answered; and make an informed choice for your child's high school education.
We invite you to join us for our Virtual Year 7 Information Evening experience.
This event is for children enrolling into Year 7 in 2021 and beyond. We invite both our current College families as well as families who are investigating middle school and senior school options for their child.
Why should you attend?
- Choosing a partnership for your family
Our Principal, Elisabeth Fenske will introduce you to Peace Lutheran College, our school's history and its culture, highlighting our core values. This information will provide you with information to help you identify shared ideals and how we might support the hopes that you have for your child's high school education.
- What is special about Year 7 & Middle School at Peace?
Our Head of Middle & Senior School, Peter Cummings along with Middle School staff will provide specific information on teaching and learning in Middle School to help you discover the quality of education families have come to expect from our school. Our stimulating, practical academics program is tailored to make learning experiences relevant, challenging and interesting, designed for optimum engagement.
- Learning beyond the classroom
Learn about our many extra-curricular activities and experiences that build on classroom learning. From camps, excursions, cultural experiences, clubs and community service opportunities, discover how we strive to develop the whole person, taking into account your child's academic, social, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Transitioning from childhood to young adulthood
How this age group learns and manages emotional, social and moral challenges is a key focus at Peace. Discover why building character, establishing trust and creating resilience are vital traits we encourage and nurture as we support our students through challenges and teach them how to make responsible choices.
- Your child's well-being is our priority
Learn why pastoral care is a big point of difference at Peace. With our on-site Health & Well-being Centre and experienced pastoral care team, the College is well equipped to care for and support our students.
- Meet our team
Be introduced to our key staff. They are a team of qualified, experienced and passionate individuals who strive every day to work in cooperation with our students to encourage, guide, direct and support them through some of the most challenging and important years in their education journey.
The way students learn has changed
Peace Lutheran College's Year 7 education model is a progressive approach to learning; adopting modern-day education transformations.
- Connecting classroom learning to real life, better preparing students for their future after school.
- Flexibile, stimulating learning spaces engaging students to ask questions, think critically and problem solve.
- Flexible learning environments with some classrooms incorporating booth seating, stand-up tables, whiteboard table tops and interactive resources.
Student learning at Peace is designed for optimum engagement
- Stimulating, practical academics program tailored to make learning experiences relevant, challenging and interesting.
- Structure and boundaries provide a safe environment.
- Numeracy and Literacy work is designed specifically with their abilities in mind.
- The school provides smaller learning communities for individual attention.
Why do parents choose Peace Lutheran College?
- Reputation for being at the forefront of innovative education
- Inclusive, caring culture where every student is made to feel valued
- Teachers and staff are friendly and approachable
- Comprehensive extra-curricular offering, including sports and The Arts
- All-inclusive school fees for peace of mind - NO extra levies or excursion and extra-curricular costs
Discover why families value the Peace difference
Join us at our Year 7 Virtual Information Evening LIVE and discover how your child can be better prepared for Senior School and beyond.
When: Tuesday, 26th May 2020
Virtual Information Session: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm