Our Christian ethos
The Lutheran Church believes, through faith, a person is brought into a living relationship with Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit establishes this grace relationship of love and forgiveness through God’s Word.
The Lutheran Church is a mainstream Christian church which was established in northern Europe at the time of the Reformation in the 16th century.
The influence of Christian worship and prayer is critical to our school and it extends throughout our operations. We don’t just talk about our Christian foundation; we act on it. We seek to treat each other with love and respect because we believe each person is important to God.
Through membership of our community, students and their parents can expect to find themselves sharing in the message of the Christian gospel in worship services and in the daily life of the school community. We understand and accept some may respond to the Christian message in a variety of ways, not always in traditional Christian ways, and we respect and encourage that right.
While we understand and accept that not all will share our Christian faith, we expect our students and their parents or care givers to support and show respect for our Christian beliefs and practices.
We believe our parents and care givers have the prime responsibility for the education of their children and we encourage their involvement in our school life, seeking to always work in respectful partnerships with all.
We seek to operate to these general principles:
- Acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ in all areas
- Worship with a sense of respect, reverence and holiness
- Ensure the spiritual and theological formation of our staff is intentional and planned
- Continue to offer a secular academic curriculum informed by Christian perspectives
- Continue to pursue excellence in everything we do
- Continue to provide effective pastoral care so people (parents and care givers, students and staff) feel comfortable and safe
- Continue to foster a sense of pride, ownership, optimism and confidence throughout the school
A holistic approach
The school aims to offer a broad and integrated program in a Christian context. Whilst using government curriculum frameworks and meeting all accreditation requirements, in broader terms, we see education as much more than just an academic endeavour - Peace Lutheran College seeks to develop students intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally and spiritually.