Our Learning Centre Vision
To be a welcoming and dynamic student-created environment providing resources, activities and services to stimulate, facilitate and nurture learning in a connected, digital, global context.
What we do
The Learning Centre welcomes all students from Kindy to Year 12 and is the hub of learning within the school. It provides a variety of print and digital resources to support the curriculum and to encourage a love of reading.
Our university trained Librarian and Learning Centre assistant provide the following programs and services:
- Information Literacy, Research and Referencing Skills
- Access to print and digital information resources and a large selection of recreational reading
- Weekly library classes for Junior and Middle School students
- Library skills, story time and craft activities
- Book Week activities such as book reports, author visits and the book parade
- Participation in external literacy-based programs such as Reader's Cup, KidzLit Quiz and the Premier's Reading Challenge
- Fundraising through Easter and Book Week Book Fairs and Book Club
- Text Book and English Text Book Hire
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday to Friday during Term time
- Library resources: A period of two weeks with the option for renewal
- English Text Book Hire: Returned at the end of the Term
- Text Book Hire: Returned at the end of the school year
We invite you to book a tour of our school and see first-hand all the facilities we have available for the students of our school.